- Compact mirror - Avoid having to check your teeth in a stranger's car window.
- Bobby pins/ hair elastics - No more "does anyone have a bobby pin??" moments.
- Advil - A headache can put you in a bad mood - lets avoid that.
- Face powder- It's always nice to freshen up during the day. Oily skin can be avoided, at least temporarily.
- Lip Balm- An absolute must for all seasons. Protect your lips from the wind, cold, and sun.
- Mini perfume/ body mist - For when you need a little sweet scented pick-me-up anytime or any place.
- Travel size deodorant- We've all forgotten before. Let's not let it happen again.
- Tampons - Ladies, just do it. And since we are on the subject of tampons, we also suggest putting your tampons in a small, separate bag, (a Ziploc bag would also suffice). No more lone, open tampon swimming along in the bottom of your purse.
- Band-aids- Blisters on your feet? Band-aids to the rescue.
Ear buds - A necessity for long bus rides, impromptu solo coffee shop dates, and for workout days (how many times have you forgotten?) It's always good to keep a pair on hand.
Phone charger - Not many things scarier than seeing that big red 2% on your screen. Avoid going into full on crisis mode by staying prepared when you need a recharge. Now to find a plug...
Small notebook and pen - sometimes the old fashion way is the quickest for jotting down a number or adding to a grocery list. And unlike your phone, a notepad never dies on you!
Emergency cash - This one is probably the hardest to stick to but we feel that it's a great idea to always have a few dollars on you in case your card fails you or you suddenly need a cab.
Mini pack of tissues - For tragic movies and for those winter days when your nose suddenly turns into a running faucet.
Gum -As a courtesy to others be sure to chew a piece of gum after coffee and meals.
Hand sanitizer - It's not always possible to make it to a sink to wash your hands. We know hand sanitizer isn't the same thing but it will at least hold you over until you can give your hands a good scrub.
What are your favorite things to keep in your bag?